Need advice from your Cincinnati, OH, dentist?
Dental hygiene is essential for your oral health. Dr. David Croop, Dr. Ben Gosnell, Dr. Brenda Bertsch, and Dr. Bob Bertsch at MT. Lookout Dentistry can tell you tips on how to maintain good oral hygiene to prevent serious dental issues.
If you want to prevent the issues mentioned above, here are some tips your Cincinnati dentists advise you do to maintain dental care:
- Getting professional dental cleanings and checkups every six months to remove hardened plaque that's accumulated on teeth and around gums over time
- Receiving fluoride treatment and using fluoride-containing products like toothpaste and mouthwash, or drinking fluoride-containing water, to prevent issues like gum disease and tooth decay and help repair teeth
- Flossing at least once before bed will remove food debris
- Avoiding tobacco, smoking, and drinking too much coffee and tea
- Brushing your teeth for at least two minutes twice a day, at least, while holding the brush at a 40-degree angle to clean hard-to-reach areas
There are several restorative procedures that are available to help your smile:
- Root canal therapy: A dental restoration needed when someone has an infected or inflamed tooth that needs to be cleaned, disinfected, and sealed
- Crowns: These are dental caps that fit over weak or unsightly teeth to improve your smile and reinforce teeth that are weakened.
- Bridges: This restoration is similar to dental implants but it doesn't replace a tooth root, just the gap left from losing a tooth.
- Dental implants: Another restorative procedure that replaces your tooth root with a titanium post when you've suffered from tooth loss.
- Veneers: These porcelain restorations are similar to crowns but they are cemented on the surface of teeth to hide unappealing issues like crack, dents, and yellowed teeth.
Severe dental issues may result if you don't maintain a healthy dental remedy. If you have any questions, or concerns, about good oral hygiene habits and taking care of your dental restorations, just call the dentists in their Cincinnati, OH, office today!